Anyone who has taken a few moments to either watch the news or look around at your favorite real estate websites for available properties in the Sarasota area can easily see how high the real estate prices are going at this time.
Never in our time here at The Mobile Home Dealer have we ever seen anything close to the price jumps that are happening on a regular basis through the Sarasota County area.
It really is something out of a movie, one day you see a home posted and the next day it already has an accepted offer on it many times these offers are several thousand if not tens of thousands of dollars over the initial asking price.
With all of this going on many Buyers have decided to wait out their time in either a rental home or not moving to Florida together in hopes that the real estate market will calm down and when they feel it is a better time to buy they will then make the jump.
While this may seem like a good idea to most, I can’t agree with this decision.
Because if the goal for these Buyers is to live in Florida either full time or just a few months a year then the one thing the Buyers will never get back is the time they are using waiting. Time is a resource that we all do not have enough of and once it runs out it runs out.
Mobile homes on leased land throughout the Sarasota area are a way where someone can purchase an affordable home of their own quickly and be able to start living their Florida dream right away.
Mobile homes on leased land in Florida are titled as personal property and not real estate. What this means is that we do not see a large surge in price hikes like the single-family market has seen over the past several months. In fact, there are more Sellers looking to make a deal now than ever with the mobile homes that they have for sale.
Mobile homes on leased land do not see a large price drop when the real estate market takes a turn south making purchasing a mobile home on leased land in Sarasota County Florida a very safe investment now and in the future.
Why move to a mobile home? Although mobile homes are not for all, there are clearly great advantages to living in a mobile home.
1. Affordability. Buyers who are looking for a practical housing solution without breaking the bank appreciate the economics of mobile home ownership. Indeed, the surprising affordability is one of the main positives. As well as the freedom from high mortgage payments, monthly outgoings are appreciably lower – good news if you are a first-time buyer.
2. Improved Standards. Inside, modern mobile homes boast levels of luxury to compete with conventional home construction. Finished to high standards under strict quality control conditions, the newest models feature cutting-edge materials such as solar panels, optional extra insulation, and PEX (cross-linked polyethylene) water piping that performs well in winter.
3. Choice of Designs and Styles. Unquestionably, the latest mobile homes come in inspiring designs and an impressive selection of styles, whether for a permanent base (eg. annex accommodation, staff accommodation, etc.) or holiday accommodation. It is also hugely reassuring that generous manufacturers’ warranties provide peace of mind for new owners.
4. Suitable for New Homeowners. After finishing education and starting a career, the lower costs of static caravan ownership mean that single units are a great option for individuals and couples. Straightforward maintenance tasks keep life simple, too.
5. Convenient for Families. In contrast, growing families might decide to opt for practical double/twin units with customizable rooms. Parents and children can benefit from the nearby countryside, parkland, and outdoor space or leisure facilities.
6. Flexible for Retirees. Many owners who are reaching pensionable age appreciate the opportunity to have a change, live with increased flexibility and reduce expenses. Buying a mobile home is a canny decision, as it can also free up time for hobbies and leisure pursuits, as opposed to time-consuming house maintenance. In addition, those seeking a more leisurely pace can always pull up an armchair (or a deckchair) and enjoy relaxing views of the countryside.
7. Energy Conservation and the Environment. Because they are pre-built before delivery to the site, without the frequent removal of raw materials, mobile homes produce only one-tenth of the waste that is typical of conventional housing construction methods. They are, therefore, an environmentally sound concept. Equally importantly, over the long term, the latest manufacturing techniques and materials promise impressive energy efficiency.
8. Health and Well-being. As lifestyle gurus advise, the ability to live simply and with a ‘less-is-more’ attitude is good for one’s well-being. Importantly, mobile home residents enjoy the positive effects of greater contact with the natural environment, sometimes in landscaped areas and always with outside space. Life is undoubtedly enhanced by being away from the pollution and risks of traffic in built-up areas, while the physical and social environment tends to encourage activity and engagement with others.
9. Sense of Community. Like-minded communities, grassland, and parks with club facilities and occasional group activities mean that residents can benefit from a sense of belonging, should they wish. Moreover, although mobile homes do not have immediately adjoining properties above or below them, neighbors can and do keep a helpful eye out for each other.
10. Safety and Security. Finally, owners will often mention feeling secure and able to live with their doors unlocked more than in traditional brick-built neighborhoods. A typical park layout with an internal network of relatively narrow roads and perimeter hedges or fences adds to the general security. Significantly, site residents usually recognize their neighbors, vehicles, and even regular visitors, so outsiders tend to be quite noticeable.
With no end in sight for the surging real estate market and rental prices starting to increase at much the same pace as single-family homes looking at a mobile home on leased land is a way a Buyer can purchase now at an affordable price without the fear of being priced out of the market.
Living in Florida is a great place to call home and waiting for something such as a real estate market to slow down may take years while Buyers are doing this the ocean, sun, and activities this area is known for continue to be here!
This is Mark Kaiser with The Mobile Home Dealer and we help mobile home Buyers and Sellers get to a better place in life.