Licensed Mobile Home Broker in the State of Florida. Buy and Sell Mobile Homes with Us!

What paperwork is needed to sell a mobile home in Sarasota, Florida?

Are you looking to sell your mobile home fast but are unsure what paperwork is needed to complete the sale?

We understand!

Getting all these documents correctly filled out and filed with the state can be a very confusing process.

One of the main benefits of using a licensed mobile home broker, such as The Mobile Home Dealer, for your closing is that the state of Florida requires us to walk both the buyer and seller through the documents needed to sell your mobile home. Ensuring that the proper taxes and fees are paid to the state on behalf of the buyer so that there is no issue with the title being transferred is another benefit of working with a licensed mobile home broker.

So, with all that said, what documents need to be filled out and filed to sell a mobile home?

First, you will need either a bill of sale or a sales contract. The Mobile Home Dealer uses a sales contract that covers everything that the home is being sold with, details of how the sale is being completed, and a seller disclosure sheet that clearly outlines what, if any, issues there are with the mobile home being sold.

We use that so there’s no confusion as to how the process will go during purchase.

Transfer of Title Form, also known as Form 82040, must be filled out and filed to ensure that the title is correctly transferred from the seller to the buyer.

Copies of the driver’s license or state-issued photo ID are needed to show the state exactly who is buying the mobile home. The actual title for the mobile home, which is filled out and signed over to the new owner by the seller, is needed.

If working with a licensed mobile home broker within the state of Florida, then a Power of Attorney form will be on file for both the buyer and the seller.

When the licensed mobile home broker has this form, they can sign on behalf of both the buyer and the seller, avoiding the need to go to the DMV to have the title properly processed.

Here is a word of warning!

Country Lakes Palmetto Florida - Sell A Sarasota Mobile Home

Country Lakes Palmetto Florida

If you are not familiar with these documents or how they are filled out, please look to utilize a licensed mobile home broker to sell your mobile home as they’re well-versed and all that is needed for the closing to be done right the first time!

If any of these documents are not filled out correctly or any fee is not paid at the right amount, it could prevent the transfer of the title from the Seller to the Buyer and prevent the completion of the sale process.

In Florida, when you buy or sell a mobile home on leased land, it is referred to as personal property and not real estate. The reason for this is that when the home is sold with the property attached to it, it is deemed real estate. When the property is leased by the home’s owner, it is viewed as and taxed as a vehicle in the state of Florida.

With this understood, then, when selling a mobile home on leased land, the Seller and Buyer will need to fill out and complete an 82040 Form with the DMV, which is more commonly known as a Change Of Title Application.

This form will allow the Seller and Buyer to sign off on the fact that the home was sold by the Seller and purchased by the Buyer for a disclosed amount of money and that this amount of money that the mobile home was sold for has had tax collected on it. This tax will then be reported to the Department of Revenue and the Buyer will be expected to pay this amount to the DOR within 30 days of the sale. Failure to pay these taxes may result in additional fines and penalties assessed to the Buyer.

It is important to note that the 82040 form will need to be filled out for each side of the mobile home that is being sold. Meaning, if the home is a double-wide mobile home within the state of Florida then two of these forms will need to be filled out, one for side A and one for side B. If the Buyer does not fill out one 82040 form for each side, then the DMV may reject the transfer of title application because both forms are not filled out correctly.

When selling your Sarasota mobile home, make sure you also have your physical title at the closing and can sign these titles over to the new Buyer of your home. If the Buyer does not have the signed titles on hand, then they will not be able to complete the 82040 form, as much of the information that is needed on this form is found on the front page of the title paperwork.

The Mobile Home Dealer is a licensed mobile home broker in Sarasota, Florida, and the surrounding areas. We provide professional buy and/or sell assistance to our clients. If you have any questions, please get in touch with us by clicking this link. You may also visit our Facebook Page and send us a message.

This is Mark Kaiser with The Mobile Home Dealer. We help mobile home buyers and sellers get to a better place in life.

See Also:

Reset password

Enter your email address and we will send you a link to change your password.

Get started with your account

to save your favourite homes and more

Sign up with email

Get started with your account

to save your favourite homes and more

By clicking the «SIGN UP» button you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy
Powered by Estatik